Travelling to different countries for a vacation is always an exciting experience. From the culture and cuisine , to the historic sights and adventurous day trips, vacations will leave you with unforgettable memories to last a lifetime.
However, safety when travelling should be your number one priority. Listed below are my top travel tips to remember for a safe and enjoyable vacation.
Plan your airport transportation prior to leaving on your vacation so that when you arrive at your destination you have no stress about locating and paying for a local cab.
After a long international flight an airport transfer should be one of the things you do not want to be worrying about.
- Travel Documents Make sure that you have your travel documents with you always.
Using a travel wallet is a great way to keep all your documents together and easy to access your passport and boarding pass when needed.
3. Luggage Your luggage should be clearly marked to avoid being taken by another passenger and for you to be able to identify it. Tying a bright coloured ribbon on the luggage handle or using an equally bright tag makes spotting your luggage much easier.
- Transport Never share a taxi or airport transfer with a stranger. When using public transportation avoid travelling late at night and if you are travelling alone make sure you research your trip before leaving the hotel or holiday accommodation.
- Accommodation Make sure that the hotel you have booked is in a safe area.
Make use of the hotel safe and do not leave valuables around the room when going out.
Always lock your door securely at night and use the safety chain if your room has one.
- Money Avoid carrying large sums of cash with you and if you do have to, keep it in a purse or compartment close to your body. Choosing a good quality bag to use on holiday is very important to avoid mishaps like the strap breaking or not being able to keep your personal items safe and secure.
Going on vacation is exciting whether you travel solo, with family or with a group of friends and making sure you adhere to the tips above you will certainly have a fun and memorable experience!